Monday, September 7, 2009

The Day After

As I start this blog, it is 10 minutes til 1:00 AM.
I am sitting on a fairly uncomfortable couch in a lake house my parents rented in a near by town to where I currently reside.
The 7th of September is upon us and I couldn't be more at peace- which, ironically, confuses and frightens me a bit.

I was suppose to marry the once proclaimed "love of my life" on September 6. I should currently be spending the night in the honeymoon suite and later today I should be leaving for our honeymoon.

But I'm not. We're not. I am still a Miss and we are no longer a "we".

Six weeks ago, my fiance told me he couldn't go through with it.
I chronicled my life prior to our relationship on a blog. I discussed the growth of our relationship on a blog. I documented the wedding plans on a blog. And, now, I am ready to move on, look ahead, and take a stand for myself - on a blog.

It's been something I've been debating for a few weeks now.
I've always had a love for words and have been a self proclaimed writer for as long as I can remember.

Blogging is something I've enjoyed for years and I have noted lately how much I miss it. And in this transitional period of my life, I think it's time to let you in.

In to my mind, my heart and my soul. Into my day to day activities, my goals and dreams, and my abundance of lists and plans. Into my quest for remembering who I am on my own, evaluating who I had become in the relationship, and defining how I can become the best me possible.


So, welcome. And come on in.

4 comments:

  1. I, for one, am SO glad you are back. I look forward to this new venture and I know it's going to be better than anything before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also glad you are back in the blogging world. I love you and miss you, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even realize you were blogging here! So glad to see you write girl :)

    ReplyDelete

New to ThenHeatherSaid?

Welcome to my little corner of the world [wide web].
I believe it was Mrs. Potts who said, "It's always best to start at the beginning." If this is your first time, why not jump back to where it all started: http://thenheathersaid.blogspot.com/2009/09/day-after.html

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter