Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cómo se dice "Glo!"

Then Heather Said, “Quiero intercambio de sopa!”

Good Afternoon, my friends! Yesterday I received a tasty soup recipe from my first-cousin-once-removed-in-law (yes I looked it up!), Aimee.

I haven’t seen Aimee and Michael (my first-cousin-once-removed) and their BEAUTIFUL children in YEARS. Luckily, I have been able to keep up with them the past year or so on Aimee’s Blog. I love reading about their family adventures and the cute things the kids are always saying!

Here’s what Aimee sent me:

Aimee’s Soup!

Ingredients:
1 envelope chicken fajita seasoning mix (or taco seasoning, whatever is on hand)
1 1/2-2lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
2 1/2 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup canned diced tomatoes
1/3 cup salsa (any variety)
1 cup cubed Velveeta
8 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 cup heavy cream (don't be scared, save this for a celebration day)

Optional toppings (highly recommended):
Fritos
Guacamole
1/2 cup shredded cheddar

Directions:
Prepare fajita mix according to package directions. In large skillet, cook chicken with fajita mix until fully cooked, set aside.
In same skillet, saute onion in butter, until glossy...stir in flour until blended.
Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes, unil thickened (not real thick though).
Add tomatoes, salsa, Velveeta, Jack. Cook and stir until cheese melted.
Add chicken. Stir in cream (do not boil).

When thickened, garnish with optional toppings. Enjoy!

Aimee’s variation notes: You can easily add corn and black beans to this recipe to make it even chunkier! Hope you like it!


Aimee, I must tell you, this soup looks FANTASTIC! I foresee another Soup & Margarita Fiesta at my humble abode in the near future :) Thanks for sharing with us!




Then Heather Said, “Get Glo-ing!”

I want to point your attention in that direction: >>>>>>>>>>
(If you are viewing this in google reader or something similar, click on over HERE and take a look at my page.)

You will see another link has been added to Then Heather Said- for Glo Bakery.
Glo Bakery is a vegan bakery specializing in health bars [globars], although she does create many other vegan treats. Glo Bakery is in Canada, but US Shipping is now available.

Everyday I hear more and more about the wonders of these Glo Bars – and I even put them on my Christmas Wish List :) Everyday for the past few weeks I’ve been tweets and blogs highlighting fabulous reviews of these yummy (and good for you!) treats! [for one review, see my friend Julie’s blog post here.]

Angela, the brilliance and heart behind Glo Bakery, also writes a fabulous blog (which I highlighted here) and is celebrating her 1-year Blogiversary this week. As part of the celebration, she is offering a Glo Bakery Glo-Out sale! Head to the Glo Bakery Cart to see the deals! (and go ahead and tell her I sent you ;) )

[ and Santa, if you are reading, help a girl out ;) ]

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out!

    And you need to get some Glo Bars to try. Stat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, the recipe should have said: before setting aside the chicken, drain off the liquid.
    Enjoy!!!
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete

New to ThenHeatherSaid?

Welcome to my little corner of the world [wide web].
I believe it was Mrs. Potts who said, "It's always best to start at the beginning." If this is your first time, why not jump back to where it all started: http://thenheathersaid.blogspot.com/2009/09/day-after.html

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter