Friday, October 2, 2009

Follow Friday

When I first decided to do Follow Friday posts, I told myself that I really needed to monitor myself and make sure I was posting on a variety of blog types. My thought was that because I am really focused on running, health and fitness right now, I feared I may get in the habit of just featuring healthy living blogs each week. Of course, this isn’t a bad thing- there are SO MANY healthy living blogs that I truly adore reading and do plan on sharing with you over time. But I also have a long list of other blogs I read covering a wide range of topics, and I didn’t want to get in any kind of habit when I could share a plethora of information resources with you.

I told myself that I would try my hardest not to feature two healthy living blogs on back to back weeks. So, with last week’s focus on the fabulously talented and motivational Caitlin of Healthy Tipping Pointand Operation Beautiful, I have been thinking all week long about who to feature this week. I have a long list of bloggers I’m wanting to feature – and I promise I will- but everytime I started to brainstorm this post, my mind led me back to one person. Everytime I signed onto google reader, her posts left me thinking, and inspired. And although I definitely qualify her blog as “healthy living” – I definitely think reading her posts would benefit so many people- even those not interested in health and fitness.

This week’s Follow Friday is Angela at Oh She Glows.

Angela is an enthusiastic and honest writer who never fails to motivate and entertain me in her blog posts.

Angela has her own online bakery, Glo Bakery, which is a vegan bakery specializing in health bars [globars], although she does create many other vegan treats. US Shipping will be available VERY soon, and I am very excited for the day I am able to finally taste some of these wonderful looking treats.

Lately, Angela has been sharing her journey of her last year - (Part 1, 2, 3, 4)
telling of her experience with major life changes she’s faced in defining and pursuing her dream. And let me tell you- reading each of these four posts left me evaluating my own recent changes & questioning my own dream pursuing in a new light.

Angela is such a talented writer and storyteller. Sharing long, multi-part tales such as above, explaining her training for, racing in, and recovering from a half marathon, short stories featuring her adorable cat, and more- she has a way with words, that is for sure.

Angela also often shares recipes and cooking tips that are so wonderful! (her sweet & sour brown rice & chickpea recipe is one of my new favorite easy dinner meals.)


My favorite thing about Oh She Glows lately, is all of the posts Angela has been writing not just about nutrition, strength and body fitness- but about mind, emotions, and well being health. In the last few weeks she has posted on positive thinking, remaining stress free, emotions weighing in on physical health, default thinking, and more. Having a background working in research means lots of informative posts- but Angela’s blogs never go over-my-head. She puts even the most difficult of concepts into clear, easy to relatable ideas.

And it doesn’t stop there. There are so many more topics, ideas and creativity flowing around at Oh She Glows Go see for yourself!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh you just made my night!!!! I am so flattered...thank you so much! =) Love ya girlie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

New to ThenHeatherSaid?

Welcome to my little corner of the world [wide web].
I believe it was Mrs. Potts who said, "It's always best to start at the beginning." If this is your first time, why not jump back to where it all started: http://thenheathersaid.blogspot.com/2009/09/day-after.html

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter