Thursday, October 22, 2009

In Disguise



Friday afternoon. At the corn maze. In disguise.


I've been sick all week.
I don't know what's going on, truthfully, but I know I haven't been myself.

Sunday morning, after a 4:15 AM wake up call to get Danielle to the airport on time, I went on a search for a grande soy two pump pumpkin spice latte. Can you believe no Starbucks were open at 4:50 AM? True story.

So instead, I headed home and realized I had been coughing all morning.
But I didn't feel sick.
But, since I had gotten approx. 4 hours sleep, I decided it would be best to take the morning off and battle away any kind of illness that was trying to come my way.

Woke up at 11:30. Met a friend for lunch at one of my favorite places, Smokey Bones BBQ, ran some errands, and came home to create my sneaky mac and cheese.

Monday morning, I woke up feeling fabulous. Thankful that I spent Sunday morning napping and ready to face my week. Until about noon, when suddenly, I felt dizzy and nauseous. Apparently, I started to look pretty bad too, because my boss, Jen, made me take my temperature and sent me home at 3:30 PM.

Tuesday morning, I woke up and felt a-okay; but I had strict instructions not to return to work until my fever was gone. And so I took my temp: 100.4. (this seemed to be a magic number in the blog world as of late. If i remember correctly both Megan and Lauren had 100.4 temps when they were sick recently.) But I didn't feel sick. So I talked to Jen, and was told to stay home and get some rest and fluids. So I went back to bed (hey- I'm not going to complain about getting more sleep), and woke up for lunch and lots of SVU.

Wednesday, I came to work, fever free and happy. HOORAY! I was a bit anxious about the piles of "to-do" on my desk, but I came in early (6:30 AM) and tried to knock out as much as I could. Until 12:00, when the nauseous-ness came on strong and I found my self suddenly losing everything I had eaten for the day. [was that TMI?]
But I didn't feel sick.
Of course, that didn't matter because Jen sent me home in a flash, and there I was, watching TV and reading magazines and taking a nice long nap. [which was nice at the time, but after waking up led me to be cranky with my mother whom called in to check on me (sorry, Mom!) and then have trouble getting to sleep at night time. And wake up every.single.time.i.heard.any.single.tiny.sound.all.night.long.)

and today I don't feel sick, still. And I am determined to get through the ENTIRE work day.

I have no idea what the heck was wrong with me yesterday- was it the flu? But I didn't feel sick. maybe it was something I ate- this is most probable. It would seem that now I am terrified to eat anything I ate yesterday morning, which is making me a bit sad, because I am now AFRAID of oats. and might maple peanut butter & co. peanut butter. and chobani yogurt. All of which are on my current "favorites" list.

Anyone else have any ideas?




Then Heather said, "Let's run."
So, I have not run. I was going to run Monday, until I went home ill.
I decided I would make it up Tuesday. But running with a fever scared me. What if I passed out. What if I passed out and no one is around. What if I pass out and then a dog eats me? [and i still haven't ordered my roadID.]
So then, I woke up yesterday knowing I was in for a GREAT run after work.
Until 12:00 came along, and I realized that I couldn't keep any energy in my belly.

TONIGHT I WILL RUN. It has been now WAY.TOO.LONG.
especially considering that my first 5K is next week Saturday. EEK. [why am I suddenly terrified.]

I seem to have a little fear going on right now since it's been over a week since I've been on the trail. I don't know why. It's completely unrational. It's not like I forgot how to run. It's not like a week is going to take away all of the progress I've made completely. It's not like my legs are no long strong enough to carry me a few miles. Right?

regardless, I am scared. my mind is playing tricks on me and I am determined to fight it.


so, your job, if you choose to accept it: text me, twitter me, email me, comment me, call me: MAKE SURE I RUN TONIGHT. I may need some encouragement.

Then Heather Said, "Help!":
My first 5K is on Halloween. It's actually the TROY FAMILY YMCA MONSTER MADNESS DASH - 5K RUN/WALK. And do you know what that means? I need a costume. Costumes are HIGHLY encouraged- which is SO MUCH FUN, right?

My co-workers have suggested I dress up as some kind of superhero because, truly, who wouldn't want to run with a cape. While I agree, I also fear that my clumsiness may lead to my getting tangled in said cape and either a)injuring myself or b)injuring someone else.

I'm looking for creative costume ideas that would be relatively inexpesive, easy(ish) to run in, and not make me look like a total goon. So, help me brainstorm:

What should I dress up as for the Monster Mash 5K?

4 comments:

  1. Wow... I get my own category. Awesome.

    I was thinking about the cape issue and I think you could do a cape as long as it was a shorter cape (not even to your waist). For some reason pirate keeps popping in my head too, but it might not be fun to run with one eye covered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you've been sick (even if you don't feel sick!).

    If you're feeling good, just run! I'm sure you'll feel good after. ;) And of course, one week isn't gonna make a difference. It takes a little longer than that!

    I don't know what you should dress up as.. Don't you have a movie/comic book character that you like? :)

    ReplyDelete

New to ThenHeatherSaid?

Welcome to my little corner of the world [wide web].
I believe it was Mrs. Potts who said, "It's always best to start at the beginning." If this is your first time, why not jump back to where it all started: http://thenheathersaid.blogspot.com/2009/09/day-after.html

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter