Thursday, November 12, 2009

Let's Discuss: Secret Santa Blogger Swap!





Just a quick update at the end of the day to fill you in on a blogger plan in the works.

Today while on break at work, I looked at my family's holiday wishlists on amazon. [please, do not even get me started on my fathers 4 item list which leaves me v. little inspiration ;) love you, Dad!] I was thinking about how I am ready to get all my shopping started as soon as possible, and that I may even work on making some early-Christmas cookies this weekend.

I started to think of the other people I would be buying/making/collecting gifts for, and I started to think about the blogging community. I honestly feel like you guys are more than just bloggers- you are my friends. And i wanted to give each and every one of you a gift.

Isn't that exciting? A gift! From Heather. To you, dear blogger!

Then Heather Said, "Oh, wait. I am poor."

How can I give a gift to all of my favorite bloggers and still afford to pay my rent? Why not a Secret Santa Blogger Swap? HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE?!?!?

So, in true form, I turned to twitter and asked for some feedback- and so far I have over a dozen people who want to participate! I love the idea of a Blogger Secret Santa because it is so easy to learn about a person and what they may like via their blog! [Office Secret Santas often leave me clueless!]

We are still coming up with the terms, so expect more information to come in the next few weeks. But- this being a swap for all of us bloggers, I wanted to get some opinions and ideas from you all to direct the outcome of the secret santa blogger swap.

What are your thoughts on the following [start discussion in the comments or send me an email at thenheathersaid@gmail.com ]:


a) A Specific Swap Gift: for example: an ornament, a foodie item, a book, or something from your hometown/state etc. [please throw out any ideas you have here and your thoughts on whether we should do something specific or just general "gifts"]

b) Price Range

c) Along with the gift swap, adding on a "guest post", "blog spot light", recipe feature or another "bloggy" type thing? [again, give me your thoughts on this along with any ideas you have for this]

I can't wait to hear all your ideas and feedback!

Post Script Disclaimer: I want to make sure I point out that I am not the first person to think of a blogger swap- there are swaps going on ALL YEAR LONG throughout the internet [there is even an online swap community]. Some of the feedback I received mentioned that some bloggers were part of a Christmas swap last year as well- and I don't want to steal anyone's thunder.

11 comments:

  1. I would like to quickly point out that for some reason I cannot find you on Twitter. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely, anything foodie or blogger related sounds great. Maybe homemade or bought gift and how shall we draw names? gifts under $20 or $15 I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny - I just Tweeted the same thing! Nicci@NiftyEats pointed me in your direction - I'd be game on doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want in! I'd like homemade for under $10.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of swapping food items, since most of us are foodies. :) I'd stay under $20. The post features/guest spots are a good idea! You may want to make that part optional. GOod luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea! Under $20 and foodie related sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a great idea!!

    I will think of something that only Orlando has... well besides Disney

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deinitely in! Under $20 sounds great and something homemade or something that resembles you would be great, and a good way to get to know each other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This made me wish I blogged more. :( Maybe I can participate next year, as one of my goals is to be a regular blogger by then.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am totally in! There seems to be a few other bloggers who are interested in this as well -- we should all get in it together so that there is one GIGANTIC Secret Santa!

    ReplyDelete

New to ThenHeatherSaid?

Welcome to my little corner of the world [wide web].
I believe it was Mrs. Potts who said, "It's always best to start at the beginning." If this is your first time, why not jump back to where it all started: http://thenheathersaid.blogspot.com/2009/09/day-after.html

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter