Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I doubt it.

Did you wonder where I have been the last 6 days or so?
I doubt it. Because if you read my blog, you more than likely follow my twitter or are my real life friend and therefore did not worry that I was in some tragic accident.

Should I spend the time recapping my weekend?
I doubt it. Because I didn’t do too much of anything exciting.

Will I cave and purchase a gym membership this week as snow is CURRENTLY FALLING outside my window?
I doubt it. Because I'm focused on project snow and am determined to bundle up and face the chilly temps to run outside.

Will my Grinch-type-spirit last forever?
I doubt it. Because I have much too romantic of a heart to not be wooed by the most wonderful time of the year.

Will my Grinch-type-spirit last for the day?
I doubt it. Because I'm already feeling a bit guilty admitting that I am not all "HOORAY HOLIDAY" today.

Will I face my bitterness head on during my lunch break, determined to turn my mood around?
YES. Because I don't doubt myself. I don't doubt the truth that beauty lies in everything, in everyone. I don't doubt that one small turn of events can turn a bad day to  a GREAT day.  I don't doubt the power of positive thinking. I don't doubt the power of words. I don't doubt my own abilities.  I don't doubt the truth that at the right time, everything is extraordinary. I don't doubt that love wins.  I don't doubt it; I know it.


3 comments:

  1. Hey! Don't worry about being a grinch! I'm not in the holiday mood either...can't even fathom putting up decorations. Unfortunately I have to host a Christmas party for my college students tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you were okay, but still missed the blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed it too!
    I love how confident you are, it's truly inspirational. :)

    ReplyDelete

New to ThenHeatherSaid?

Welcome to my little corner of the world [wide web].
I believe it was Mrs. Potts who said, "It's always best to start at the beginning." If this is your first time, why not jump back to where it all started: http://thenheathersaid.blogspot.com/2009/09/day-after.html

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter